Join Us as a Mentor or Mentee!
Mentoring is a key component of developing talent and supporting the success of our next generation of cybersecurity professionals.
We understand that women, veterans, and underrepresented minorities sometimes need a little extra support. In an industry that so often lacks people who come from similar backgrounds, these marginalized groups tend to feel less comfortable reaching out to ask for assistance and guidance. Our goal was to create a space where they can comfortably seek assistance in making connections, networking, career pathing, improving communication skills, getting insight into cybersecurity roles, and gaining interview and resume-writing skills.
That’s why we created the Cyversity Mentorship Program, which fosters meaningful mentoring relationships and includes supplemental initiatives that provide an immersive experience for all participants.
The Mentorship Program is offered as a benefit of Cyversity membership. However, members must complete a separate application for the program in order to be considered for participation.
Our 16-week sessions include:
- 1:1 matching that aligns the skills of the mentor with the goals of the mentee
- A pre-developed curriculum that will help guide each session (optional)
- A packed schedule of interactive webinars, to include presentations from notable industry leaders in the following areas:
- Professional/Career Development Seminars
- CISO Sessions
- “What I Do” Talks
- Industry Deep Dives
- Coffee Chats
- A platform that encourages open and direct communication, and allows for support from other Mentees and Mentors
The Fall 2023 Cohort is in Session
Applications for the Fall 2023 cohort are now closed.
Our next cohort will be Winter 2024. Make sure to check back in on this page for further information as it is released. If you are interested in being notified when the next round of applications open, please fill out this Interest Form.
Got Questions? Send them to [email protected]