Whether you’re looking for that first opportunity in cybersecurity or wishing to take that next step in your career, the Cyversity Job Board connects you with employers in need of your talents.
If you are a member, access the Slack #jobs-board to learn about career opportunities. Not a member? Join Today.
Cybersecurity Job Market Statistics + Facts
- The cybersecurity job market size is projected to grow from $165.78 Billion in 2021 to $366.10 Billion in 2028. (Source: Fortune Business Insights)
- The financial impact of a data breach has increased exponentially with an estimated global average of $3.83 Million and a US average of $8.64 Million. (Source: Ponemon Institute/IBM)
- Two of the most common cybersecurity roles: analyst and engineer, contintue to increase in demand and salary potential. The cybersecurity analyst role grew by 16.3% from 2019 to 2020 with an average salary of $103,106. A cybersecurity engineer grew 4.3% with a median salary of $134,340. (Source: 2021 Dice Tech Salary Report)
- There is both a global and US talent shortage for cybersecurity professionals with an estimate of 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs in 2021. The demand for cybersecurity skills has only increased due to the frequency and intensity in cyberattacks. Cybersecurity roles and talent demands will continue and the opportunities for individuals entering this job market are promising with an estimated growth of 33%. (Source: USBLS)
- Cybersecurity roles have a 0% unemployment rate that thas been consistent since 2020. Anyone with experience, knowledge, or interest in a cybersecurity career will have optimum opportunities to land a job – It’s obtaining and maintaining the skills and training that will be necessary. (Source: eSecurity Planet)
Unlock Your Full Potential in Cybersecurity
Whether you’re an expert cybersecurity professional or you’re exploring cyber as the next step in your career, there’s a place for you as a member of Cyversity. Cyversity membership offers programs to help you unlock your full potential including mentorship, scholarship, skills assessment, training resources, events and an entire community who is ready to help you succeed in a successful cybersecurity career.
Invest in yourself and become a Cyversity member today.